Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And then there were three. :0(

Today we "lost" another lady from our department.  Well, apparently we lost four people today in total, but I don't know who the other three are.  I say "lost" in quotation marks because really she has another two weeks to go, but they told her about it today.  How crap must she feel to have to stick around and be pitied and patronized for another two weeks?  If it were me, I'd want the eff out of there pronto. 

And really, how much work is she going to feel like doing?  She already went home early because her heart wasn't in it.  I don't blame her.  She's been here 30+ years, and is probably one of the hardest-working people I know, but the way this place is going, that doesn't matter much.  It's all about saving money, just like everywhere else.

I don't think I feel all that bad for her though.  As bad as that sounds, hear me out.  It's a tough job she had.  I don't think she got much rest, and there were quite a few days where she would go without lunch.  She had to do a lot of work helping out the lady I used to be the assistant for before we had our big Division Shuffle a couple of years ago, and that wasn't her job.  On top of that she had to start tracking for the other half of her division that she never had to deal with before.  She had a long commute, got here early and left late a lot.  I really think she deserves this rest.  It's like that with everyone else who leaves this place.  When they come back for a visit, they're practically glowing.  I hope it's the same for her.

I wish her luck, and pray that they lay off the laying off for a while.

No comments: