Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Twitter

It seems that there are 2 schools of thought regarding Twitter. You either love it or you you don't. I thought I'd throw my two cents in.

I have never been to the Twitter website. I do not plan to go to the Twitter website. I already change my Facebook status more often than half the people on my friends list, and none of them care about what I'm talking about there. Why would they or ANYONE care about what I'm talking about on a site where ALL you do is change your status? Reversely, why should I be expected to care about what they're talking about.

Sorry, I'm not going to inform the world about my harrowing decision between the turquoise or black underwear, or between the Corn Flakes or the Rice Crispies. And frankly, I don't want to hear about how your baby spit up on "daddy's good shirt" or how there's nothing good on TV.

You know what? I wouldn't even care if someone CALLED me to tell me their baby spit up on their dad's shirt or there's nothing good on tv. But, it's still better than Twittering (tweeting? twooting?)

I know I'm not sounding like it right now, but I promise I am a somewhat hip 20-something who isn't afraid of new technology, but only if it isn't useless.

I just don't want to be a twit.

1 comment:

Penny said...

ha ha. Great post!
I have a "twitter" but only to follow my fav. band. I don't think I'm interesting enough for people to care what I'm doing every second of the day :)
Who really reads all that?