Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Eaton Center/Sonic Boom

Yesterday I had to hit up the big city, because I had to do some birthday shopping at Williams-Sonoma, and the only mall that has one is the Eaton Centre downtown.

It's Toronto's main mall, and it's pretty big, so it's a tourist attraction, and I usually go around Christmas, so it's always packed solid.

Last night was a typical Stevie Wonder ordinary day with nothing going on, so it wasn't busy at all. I could actually walk! I really, REALLY hate crowds, so this was refreshing.

Also, my cousin works at one of the stores, so I stopped in to visit her, and luckily for us, she was got off early so we could hang out. I don't see her that often so I was really glad for the chance.

Another reason for the shopping trip was to visit my favourite music/movies store, Sonic Boom.


I freaking love this store. Combining the fact that I still buy cds with the fact that I like old bands that I can't find music for in an average music store, this is paradise for me. They sell new and used cds, dvds, VHS tapes, cassettes, vinyls, 8-tracks (100% serious, but who would buy them?), and I almost always find what I'm looking for, for cheap. If you're ever in Toronto, it's on Bloor and Bathurst, across the street from Honest Ed's tacky storefront.
I say I almost always find what I'm looking for because last night my reason for going was to find a Giorgio Moroder album, but they had none. The girl behind the counter said they had got some not that long ago, but someone must have bought it all. Boo-urns.
Then we went across the street to an art store because my cousin needed some paint, and I found some gorgeous journals. I loooove pretty journals, and must have them, even if I don't know what I'm going to put into them.
All in all it was a good night, even if I did get home late and was scared stiff that I would get mugged getting off the subway.

No comments: