Wednesday, December 9, 2009

New "This is Relevant to My Interests" Website Alert!

I am a bit of a Cold War fan.  Okay, "fan" sounds kind of wrong, so I'll say "junkie".  I find the public service announcements and propoganda deliciously creepy, and I've sworn (rather loosely, however) that I would aquire a radio with CONELRAD markings on it before I die.

That being said, I was browsing James Vaughan's Cold War blog (Atomic Annihilation) and he posted a link to a site that works with Google Maps that allows you to drop a selection of nuclear weapons onto a town of your choice and see the range of damage.

It's a handy tool that can help you prepare for disaster.  Alright, no it isn't, but I have to have some kind of excuse for why I'm having too much fun with it.

Here's the link:  Ground Zero

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yes, that is slightly wrong but...all is fun in love and war, right?