Monday, January 11, 2010

New LEGO Immortalization Idea

So I've been on a "Are You Being Served" kick (as I always have been, but it's bigger now that I'm watching my complete box set :-D ) and I'm thinking of putting together some LEGO minifigs to portray the characters (and maybe even make a set down the road!), but the only trouble I am having is finding the right torso for the ladies.  Their uniform is a brown tank dress thing with a white or beige blouse.  The legs are fine because I'll take a brown 2X1, and attach some yellow round 1x1s for legs, but the torso is tough!  Nothing I've seen really works.  There's a Han Solo one that comes close, and I would have used it, but the vest isn't brown.  I can always try and make do, but I'd like to be as accurate as possible. 

This is what I want to reproduce:

Wendy Richard (as Miss Brahms) and Mollie Sugden (as Mrs. Slocombe)  ©1974 BBC

The men are simple because they just wore regular suits and there are a few of those available.

Also, YAY, IT'S MY HUNDRETH (hundredeth?) POST!!! YAY!!!

Ahem.


UPDATE:  I'm going with this.  It's too light, but it's the best I'm going to get.

No comments: