Friday, February 13, 2009

R.O.M.

I've been wanting to go to the museum in Toronto (Royal Ontario Musem) for a while now. I've been quite a few times, but I really love it. I think my favourite trip there was when the Victoria & Albert Museum had an Art Deco exhibit a few years ago which was really awesome.

They recently opened up a new extension (the glass thing on the side) that I haven't been to see yet:

It just sucks that every time I go, some exhibit or another is closed. Lately it has been the gem and jewelry section, and it's one of my favourite sections (I'm such a girl) after the Ancient Egypt section. Also, I don't really want to go alone. Usually the people you see alone at a museum are those artsy people with a sketchpad, and I can't draw to save my life. Most of the people I would want to go with work on weekends so it's hard to coordinate an outing with them.

This is a long weekend, so maybe some people will be free and will be up to going. And if you're from out of town and are in Toronto for any reason, and are the type that digs museums, go see this one. It's fantastic.

No comments: