Thursday, February 12, 2009

WOO HOO............?

I just got an email from Human Resources that they're closing the office a bit early tomorrow. Plus it seems like they're letting us have an impromptu Casual Friday. Many offices have one every Friday, be we have ours on the last Friday of every month.

They're doing it because it's Monday is Family Day in Ontario and Louis Riel Day in Manitoba, and they want to give us a break. Good idea. We're all pretty stressed and down-and-out.

Call me a cynic, but I think there are alterior motives involved. From what I heard there is another wave of people getting laid off very soon, and maybe they're trying to make the rest of us feel better. Frankly, I'm getting sick of this sneaky bullturds, and I wish they'd be out with it. People have futures they need to think about.

Hah...watch them lay off some people, let the rest of them go home early for the weekend, and then lock them out on Tuesday morning.

Damn, I WAS feeling good about this 10 minutes ago.


UPDATE: Okay, apparently I'm a paranoid freak. It turns out that it is the policy of the company that bought us out that we can leave early the Friday before a Monday long weekend. I suppose we can expect this more often from now on. No complaints.

No comments: